Friday, September 10, 2010

Bum.....

I feel like a bum today.  Here I sit in my exercise pants, a tee, white socks and the only adornment on me is a headband that I am using because my hair is so darn drab and flat.

I wonder sometimes if other people feel this way.  I got to say it may be a bit to easy for me to do this because I do not work outside the house.

There is a crispness in the air, fall weather is finally arriving.  I wonder how long we will be able to use the new outside patio before the weather settles in.  I look out the window next to the computer onto the shade garden, still lush and green.  I begin to have thoughts of everything dying down...... 

Don't get me wrong , I love fall.  The autumn is "my time" of year.  My favorite, weather wise.  Here in New England the mornings are chilly (60's) and as the sun comes out it warms up nicely.  There are very often breezes that will float through the rooms from open windows.  Then in the evening it starts to cool.  The breezes die down and it takes one more cover on the bed to sleep comfortably.  The sky is so blue and the clouds have a certain look about them in the fall.  They build sideways instead of up and you can see it from the highway as all the clouds seem to have flat bottoms and some are clustered and some stand alone.  The air smells like, well nothing.  Until leaf burning season.

But, I must admit something has got me today.  I am not usually so disengaged.  But, yet I am.  Very often I can self diagnose myself and find a reason for the lack of energy and joy, but I am thinking today it may take some time. 

So, this morning I woke up around 5, let the dogs out, fed them and went back to sleep for a while.  I chose a quick wash up instead of a shower (the reason for the flat and unruly hair) and although I was planning on going shopping for a few groceries, I've decided to put that off until tomorrow.  Chris will just have to go without orange juice tomorrow.  I am so bad.  Then of course I may just go out later.

Lately, I've been busy with many projects and next week I have so many appointments I am tired looking at the calendar.  Maybe that is it.  I am just run down.

Regardless, I think I will make ANOTHER cup of coffee (I usually have only one a day) and hope I don't get "coffee shakes".  But, I feel a need to nurture, to draw inward for comfort.

Comfort.... hmmmm a good subject.   I will attempt tomorrow when my hair is cleaned and prissy, I am in decent clothes and ready to take on the world....and that party we are suppose to go to.

For today just call me Minnie, a drawback from my childhood name.  Because today I feel like nesting and remembering.  I will turn on the fireplace (an electric heater kind) and light some candles and begin my journey into fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment